Friday, September 11, 2009

Banana Man: 1, Jesse: 0

So most everything that has been new and different to me hasn't really bothered me, except for one thing: the man with the megaphone who walks around selling what I think might be bananas and other assorted fruits and vegetables. Now this wouldn't be a problem, except for that sometimes he goes out to sell at 8:00 in the morning, and is loud enough that he might as well be standing next to my window without a megaphone speaking to me through my window! If I knew enough Korean, I'd probably get my own megaphone and shout to him "Your ruining lives banana man!" Of course the most logical solution would be to just close my window, but that simply just dampens the sound a little.

Banana Man: 1

Jesse: 0

2 comments:

  1. This was hilarious! I know exactly what you mean about the megaphone guys. The same thing happens here in Japan. Except...instead of just guys selling...we have people driving 3 miles an hour in little trucks, with giant speakers rigged to the back. And in Japanese, it is often music being played, or a political spew of vote for me...blah, blah, blah.

    ~Casey Shingledecker
    CJS1988@live.jp
    myspace.com/caseyjay1717

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is hilarious. My brother told me the story when he visited Mpls last weekend and I had to come on and read it for myself.

    ReplyDelete